Devoted to Parenting

Friday, September 19, 2008

I am Totally Grossed Out

For days now I have been trying to find out where the awful smell is coming from in my kids room. I had the boys search out their room looking for any dishes or food left in there and of course they said they couldn't find anything.
I just couldn't take the smell any more and I searched throughout their room while they were at school. I stripped all the stuffed animals, comforters and sheets off their beds and lo and behold I found the source of the disgusting smell.
It seems that my 7 year old had an egg wrapped in tissue and hidden in a felt pocket in his bed (ugh). When I confronted my son after school he became teary eyed and was extremely upset that I took his egg. He explained to me that he really, really wants a baby chicken and he was trying hatch the chick in his room. I couldn't help but laugh to myself as he never ceases to surprise me.

No comments: