Devoted to Parenting

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Fear of Listeria

I'm becoming paranoid about this Listeria outbreak. Last night my 6 year old said his stomach hurt and then started vomiting all the way to the bathroom. He didn't have a fever and after getting sick a few times he fell asleep. I kept waking up to check on him, feeling his forehead and making sure he's breathing properly. The whole time I'm freaking out wondering if the lunch meat I gave him was OK. He was probably sick because it was so hot yesterday and he rode his bike in it. He was fine this morning so I'll just wait and see how he is after school. I thought the unfounded paranoia resulting in sleepless nights was over after their first year, but I guess I'll always be over protective. Boy do I feel sorry for their future wives, I can see me calling my boys every day just to hear their voices. Heck I can see me buying the house next door for them to move in. LOL. I'm getting ahead of myself my youngest just started grade 1 and I'm thinking about their future wives. I need to get out of the house more :-)

No comments: